Producer ~ Audio Engineer ~ Arranger
“My goal is to serve your music through patience, understanding, and a shared vision of success.”
A trained multi-instrumentalist, I can assist with song arrangements and/or performances, including vocals, electric & acoustic guitar, keyboards, and percussion, along with programming and editing rhythm sequences and samples.
EDUCATION & TRAINING
Audio Engineer ~ Musician ~ Educator
- Certified Audio Engineer (Institute of Audio Research – NYC)
- Certification in Vocal Recording Technology (Berklee College of Music)
- M.Ed Secondary Ed.; Literature & Performing Arts (George Mason University)
- BFA Arts Management; Music, Theatre, Broadcasting (Long Island University/CW Post College)
- Certificates in Recording Technology with Larry Crane (Berklee College of Music through edX) in each of:
- Production ~ Recording ~ Mixing
“The two most vital things I’ve learned as a performing musician:
First, 99% of problems can be solved by playing fewer notes.
Second, make mistakes, but NEVER lose the groove.”
I’ve been playing music for most of my life; the last 20+ years or so have been dedicated to deepening my passion and understanding of the bass. I’ve had the pleasure of working with such artists as Right Foot Yellow, The Smithereens, The Grey A, Ubiquity Machine, Andy Trice, Chai Notes Band, Fat Chance, and Kevin Dudley, among many others. I am currently endorsed by GAMMA Custom Basses. I can support you on stage, or help you create tight and supportive grooves in the studio. Get in touch so we can get to work.
“As a musician, a producer, or arranger, my goal is to consistently serve the song. People will take notice, listen, and deeply connect. And that’s exactly why I play and produce music. When I do my job well, I compare it to watching a great film complete with detailed and realistic scenery and costuming…you get completely sucked into the story – you don’t really pay attention to the other elements because each is doing its job. All you hear is the song.”
All Website Content ©2019 Machine Room® Studio
Photography by Suzette Niess Photography [except ‡]